Hi All, inspired by my trip to Washington DC for the US Chamber’s Aligning Incentives for Better Health Conference, I had to throw another fun seafood favorite into the mix for our last recipe in July’s re-envisioning barbecue series!! While in DC I stopped by the Wharf’s fish market. Here is a recipe rehab on a popular creole crab burger recipe. This recipe swaps the oils and breadcrumbs for a steamed version and we will utilize jicama for a little added crunch and fiber-induced micro-nutrient punch!
What you’ll need:
- 1 lbs lump crabmeat, pulled apart
- 1/4 cup fat free greek yogurt
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 3/4 cups jicama, sliced thin and chopped into small cubes
- 8 slices sprouted grain bread or large romaine leafs for buns
- cooking spray
- lettuce, tomato and other topping preferences
What you’ll do:
- Stir crabmeat, yogurt, scallions, egg, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, cayenne, 1/4 teaspoon salt, in a bowl until just combined. Form into 4 (1-inch-thick) patties.
- Spray a 12-inch heavy skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium, then “fry” patties, turning over once, until golden, 5 to 6 minutes total. Place on paper towels to drain excess juices.
- Assemble the burgers, plate and serve with Mexican Jicama Slaw!!!
How long it takes: 30 minutes
How many people (or fuzzy friends) it serves: 4
Do you have an amazing recipe that you want to share with us? If so just contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to begin your workplace wellness program? Set up is easy and we can have your program up and running in under 1 week, call: 954-657-8945 or email email@example.com
Sign up for online coaching: onlinefitweightloss.com/sign-up